Thursday, January 28, 2010

travel

Aside from my passion for food, I love to travel.  It's been a short while (last October) since I have traveled and I am really feeling the itch to go somewhere.  It is becoming unbearable to be in one place for so long.  I want to pack up and go somewhere new, taste new flavors, see new sights, and meet new people.  For now I am making the best of where I am.

Every day I have off from my job at a retail bake shop, my father and I make a batch of cookies.  He used to be a baker for five years (before I was born), and so we take his recipes and cut them to smaller batches. A new cookie for every day I don't work.

I love baking and making these cookies with him is a nice bonding experience.  I should mention my dad is a 70-year-old Italian complete with accent and grammatical errors.  Yesterday we made S-Cookies and today we made bowtie cookies. There are kinks we need to work out, but all-in-all they came out well.


cute little bowtie cookie

No comments:

Post a Comment