Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Everything Cookies

This cookie recipe came as a byproduct of scraps we were going to throw away at work.  We make and sell chocolate bark with nuts and berries it, but when the bark gets cut there are a lot of little pieces we can't  sell.  They were going to throw away these delicious little nuggets of cashews, almonds, and cranberries covered in chocolate.  I decided to take it home and transform this trash into treasure.  I then filled them with Mint Ice Cream that I made a couple of weeks before for a delicious gooey sandwich.



Ingredients:
1 cup dark brown sugar
1/2 cup granulated sugar
2 sticks butter (8 oz)
3 eggs
2 cups all purpose flour
1 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
1 1/2 cups oats
1 1/2 cups mixture of nuts, dried cranberries and chocolate (your choice!)

Instructions:
1) Preheat your oven to 375 degrees F
2) In a large bowl cream together the two sugars and the butter using an electric mixer.
3) Add the eggs and whip until incorporated.
4) Add the flour, salt and baking soda and mix until all of the dry ingredients are mixed in and there aren't any lumps.  Don't overmix.
5) Fold in the oats and nut chocolate mixture.
6) Scoop rounded tablespoons onto a baking sheet and bake 8-10 minutes or until just starting to brown on the edges.  You can store any dough you don't bake by storing it in the freezer in sealed tupperware.  I like to store it already in rounded tablespoons so I can just pop them on a baking sheet and into an oven.


Here's the ice cream sandwich I made with them:

1 comment:

  1. I was there for this. I'm pretty sure the conversation went:
    Laura: "We can each have two."
    Me: "Sounds good."
    Laura: "Or I can make ice cream sandwiches with the homemade mint chocolate chip ice cream that I have downstairs."
    Jocelyn and I, in unison, mouth drops, eyes wide: "YES!"

    ReplyDelete