Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Jalapeno Infused Tequila



A couple of months ago my brother ordered this amazing drink at a restaurant in the city.  It was spicy, refreshing and delicious.  I recently looked up the ingredients of said drink and found out it contained jalapeno infused tequila muddled with fresh cucumbers.  The restaurant has since closed, so I decided to recreate the tequila myself.
Ingredients:
1 jalapeno
1- 16 oz bottle of tequila

Pay very close attention: cut up the jalapenos and throw them into a jar along with the tequila.  If you want it to be spicier and not just peppery flavored, include the seeds.  If using the seeds, it will be ready to be strained after sitting overnight.  Without the seeds allow 2-3 days for the flavors to infuse.  I did mine with the seeds and it was pretty damn spicy.  Strain and use in a delicious cocktail/jalapeno margarita.   If you find that it's too spicy just cut it with more tequila.  I'm thinking a little agave, fresh cucumber, mint and jalapeno tequila.  Yes please!

2 comments:

  1. Man, this looks scary!~*
    But, I still want to try it. How do you do the cucumber? It would be great on the back deck while watching the ships sail by!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would peel and remove the seeds from a cucumber, then blend it in a blender and strain using cheesecloth to get the juice. Also cut the level of spiciness with more tequila if it's too strong. The first time I made it it was way too spicy so I revised it to one jalapeno. I want to come watch the ships sail by!!

    ReplyDelete