Friday, May 27, 2011

Steak Sandwich and a Reflection on Leftovers


When I came home from work yesterday, I opened the door and suddenly the unmistakable scent of burning charcoal came drifting towards me.  I followed the scent and found my parents in the front yard grilling up some some steaks and vegetables for dinner.  After a hearty meal complete with some delicious red wine, there was still some steak that remained uneaten. Leftovers are an opportunity to make a completely different dish the next day and still enjoy the deliciousness from the day before.  I love leftovers, and today I decided to make a steak sandwich.  After throwing this into the oven at work for 10 minutes it'll be delicious, crunchy, gooey, chewy goodness.  Really you can make whatever sandwich you want with as much of each ingredient as you want, but this is what I made.


Ingredients:
A couple slices of grilled steak
Spicy honey mustard
3 slices of tomato
Lettuce
Meunster cheese slice
Salt and pepper (sprinkled on the tomatoes
Bread

1) Make a sandwich with the ingredients and eat it.

* I like to spread the honey mustard on both of the pieces of bread for maximum flavor
** I put the soggier ingredients (tomatoes in this case) in the middle of the sandwich so the bread doesn't get mushy

No comments:

Post a Comment