Monday, August 1, 2011

Ending my Lazy Streak...with a somewhat lazy post



Ok....so I admittedly dropped the ball on writing in my blog, but I'm back with a wonderful cookbook recommendation.  This book was a gift from my wonderful friend Morgan, and I think it is not only beautifully illustrated, but the food in incredible.  The book is called The Food of Thailand.   It includes appetizers, soups, curries, desserts, street foods, etc. I showed it to my friend from Thailand once and she gave her seal of approval to the recipes so I trust it.  Thai cooking is complex and requires a lot ingredients, but don't let that intimidate you.  I started off just making basic curries, and tonight I branched out ever-so-slightly to make a Chicken in green curry, coconut sticky rice, and a mushroom tofu dish.  It came out pretty tasty.  This book has yet to fail me and it is a great way to try something new.  Next time I'll have a recipe for you all but for now, here are pictures of the meal I prepared:-)


No comments:

Post a Comment